We are looking for an open-minded and proactive team player, who is passionate about technology and communication. You will work closely with our colleagues in trading and risk, feel the pulse of the global financial markets first-hand and deal with modern cloud-based technology.The focus of this role is to support our new market data platform MDR+
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and expanding MDR+ with cloud provider Google, using Kubernetes and supporting technologies
- Working with the product owner & development team to identify infrastructure-related enhancement requirements for MDR+
- Troubleshooting problems related to the infrastructure. Managing and coordinating support incidents with Google
- Analyzing trends in cloud computing and propose value-added enhancements.
- Support of the business users in any aspect of the application
- Development of system improvements
- Working as part of an agile team in an international environment
We are looking for candidates with these skills:Communication competencies
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills. Able to adapt communication to suit different audiences.
- Effective facilitation skills. Should be able to facilitate group discussions & meetings with various teams in the organisation.
- Action orientated. Able to follow up on feedback from the business, product owner and development team & relay/develop positive outcomes.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Incident, problem & change management experience.
- Knowledge of concepts of cloud computing and related technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes, Spark, Cassandra or similar is desirable
- Experience with Terraform scripting (Infrastructure as Code - IaC) and Unix shell scripting is desirable
- Experience with Message Brokers - Google Cloud Pub/Sub & Kafka is desirable
- Unix & SQL experience is mandatory.
- ITRS Geneos/Grafana/Prometheus monitoring is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Financial & Banking Industry will be an added advantage.
- Shell scripting will be an added advantage.
Key Analytical & Personal Skills
- Strong customer service ethos & focus on making it better.
- Team Player & Ability to work well with people from different teams & multiple locations.
- Strong communications skills & Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with key customer like from front office, risk & other infrastructure teams.
- Willingness to sometimes work on weekends