We are looking for an open-minded and proactive team player, who will join our Risk Control division as an Oracle PL/SQL developer. Even though we are the big international company we offer friendly environment with the stability of the big corporate.You will join a cross-functional team of Business- and IT-Experts who is in charge to develop and maintain the Profit&Loss reporting infrastructure (PL Manager). The purpose of the PL Manager application is to aggregate Front Office data, calculate provisions, produce Profit&Loss reports and support trader signoff process.We aim to replace our current P&L system (based on Sybase IQ) with a new application. This is being built using Oracle on database tier, Java on application tier and Angular on presentation tier. We are looking for candidates with all levels of experience to join us.Current team is split between Frankfurt and Prague, whereby we aim to shift more responsibilities to Prague in the future. The Prague team working on this application is meant to consist of 4 developers, 2 business analysts and 2-3 support colleagues. The team communication language is English. Additional Czech and/or German is an advantage.
As a (senior) software database engineer your responsibilities include:
- Development of a new Oracle based application in an agile environment
- Delivery of new functionality and functionalities that are provided by the legacy system.
- Discussion of requirements, design and testing issues with the business analysts.
- Third level support for the newly developed application: Liaising with support teams to assist in diagnosing and resolving production issues.
We are looking for candidates with these skills:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Oracle database skills with an emphasis on data modelling, PL/SQL and performance tuning. Sybase DB knowledge would be beneficial.
- 3+ years (senior: 5+ years) of experience in developing applications in SQL and PL/SQL
- Practical experience using core Oracle features like VPD, composite partitioning and partitioning extensions like interval partitioning
- Analytical skills
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- A friendly, inclusive and open-minded company culture
- A competitive salary with a very decent annual bonus system
- A sophisticated program of further professional training and personal growth.
- Home office, flexible working hours and an enjoyable relax corner where you can recharge your batteries
- Attractive fringe benefits incl. up to 30 days of vacation, paid sick leaves and sponsored public transport
- Modern offices in Karlovo náměstí, amazing multicultural colleagues and so much more!