Your new company
In Commerzbank Digital Technology Center Prague, they are transforming a traditional bank into a digital agile enterprise! They provide a wide range of various IT solutions, .Net and Java development, services in the area of application operation and infrastructure.
They are looking for thinkers with unconventional ideas and in return, we offer the freedom to create own job with own vision, wide range of benefits including home office.
Your new role
As a Software Engineer for Databases and Datawarehouses you are developing the application and data landscape of counterparty risk. This includes for example the limit monitoring system for traded products as well as the systems for regulatory and economic calculations at Commerzbank or the legal data systems. You will support the team to move the products into the cloud.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Highly motivated team player with very good communication skills in English; understanding basic German would be an advantage.
- University degree (MSc preferred) in mathematics, computer science, physics, etc.
- Some years of professional IT experience in database development (4 years)
- Good understanding of Cloud computing
- Good software engineering knowledge and good in conceptual thinking
- Very good understanding of databases, database design, SQL, Unix Scripting, ETL, data warehouses, OOAD.
- Knowledge of design patterns, new architectures, cloud computing and architectures, design patterns, best programming practices, enterprise patterns, Google Cloud or MS Azure computing/storage/DBs, testing
- Good understanding of Cloud computing, Google Cloud or MS Azure.
- Preferable basic knowledge in Elastic Search/Kibana, Java/ Hibernate, Python or R or Scripting, Flyway, Kafka, NoSQL DBs, Apache NIFI, Cloud computing basics, Built-pipelines/Jenkins/ Ansible, Linux
- Preferable basic knowledge of investment banking products (options, swaps, etc.) and risk processes (credit and/or market risk) or financial engineering/CFA
What you need to do now
- A friendly, inclusive and open-minded company culture
- A competitive salary with a very decent annual bonus system
- A sophisticated program of further professional training and personal growth.
- Home office, flexible working hours and an enjoyable relax corner where you can recharge your batteries
- Attractive fringe benefits incl. up to 30 days of vacation, paid sick leaves and sponsored public transport
- Modern offices in Karlovo náměstí, amazing multicultural colleagues and so much more!
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1161218